Subject: Re: [PATCH 19/19] bootwrapper: compatibility layer for old U-Boots (a.k.a. cuImage, cuboot)

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:11:29 -0600

David Gibson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 05:01:49PM -0600, Scott Wood wrote:
> 
>>Add a bootwrapper platform (cuboot) that takes a bd_t from a legacy
>>U-Boot, and inserts data from it into a device tree which has been
>>compiled into the kernel.  This should help ease the transition to
>>arch/powerpc in cases where U-Boot has not yet been updated to pass a
>>device tree, or where upgrading firmware isn't practical.
>>
>>The device trees currently in the kernel tree must have
>>/chosen/linux,stdout-path added to work with cuboot.
>>
>>The kernel command line, mac addresses, and various clocks will be filled
>>in based on the bd_t.
> 
> 
> You're still using config dependent stuff in here...

They come from platform files such as cuboot-83xx.c, not (directly) from 
the kernel config.

-Scott