Subject: Re: [PATCH] Check mac-address first in fsl_soc.c

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:25:00 -0600

Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>    I'm mainly concerned about 85xx. I guess the needed change should be 
> very alike...

I've submitted U-Boot patches for 83xx, 85xx, 86xx, and 5xxx to the maintainers. 
  You'll have to ask them when the patches will be applied.

>> I wanted to keep my patch simple.
> 
>    That's clearly an over-simplification to repeat the same code thrice.

Actually, the 2nd and third instances are conditionally compiled, so in most 
cases only one instance of the code will actually be compiled.  gfar_of_init() 
should probably also be conditionally compiled, so if I make it a separate 
function, I'd have to prefix it with something like this:

#if defined(CONFIG_GIANFAR) || defined(CONFIG_CPM2) || defined(CONFIG_8xx)

and then I would need to pass a bunch of parameters.  I don't really think 
that's an improvement.

Paul, if there are no serious objections, please apply this patch.

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale