Subject: Re: [PATCH] Check mac-address first in fsl_soc.c

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:51:55 -0600

Kumar Gala wrote:

>> If you still want null_mac_addr[], you would need to do this:
>>
>>     static const u8 null_mac_addr[6] = { 0 };
> 
> Let's drop the static const part.

Ok.

Now all I need to do is fix this error, that has nothing to do with my changes:

arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c: In function 'gfar_of_init':
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:305: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations 
and code
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:308: error: invalid storage class for function 
'fsl_i2c_of_init'
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:361: error: initializer element is not constant
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:365: error: invalid storage class for function 
'mpc83xx_wdt_init'
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:423: error: initializer element is not constant
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:427: error: invalid storage class for function 
'determine_usb_phy'
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:443: error: invalid storage class for function 
'fsl_usb_of_init'
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:586: error: initializer element is not constant
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:586: error: syntax error at end of input
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.o] Error 1

Looks like someone broke arch_initcall() or something.

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale