Subject: /bin/sh: /sbin/genksyms: not found while compiling 2.4.26

From: Cem Vedat ISIK <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:57:17 +0200

I'm using Kubuntu to compile 2.4.26 kernel with mpc885ads support. After
#make menuconfig I execute #make dep, I get,

| /sbin/genksyms  -k 2.4.26 >
/opt/kernel/linux-2.4.26/include/linux/modules/pqpic.ver.tmp
/bin/sh: /sbin/genksyms: not found

kind of errors. Is there an alternative to genksyms? Since, I'm able to
configure and build 2.4.25 kernel without any errors.

Regards,
Cem Vedat ISIK
[email-masked]

PGP Key ID = 0×6D7B02F7
fingerprint = 8C34 144C 999A 917C 8EA0 1199 C136 C114 6D7B 02F7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bu mesaj Karel MailScanner ile tehlikeli icerik ve virus kontrolunden gecirilmistir.
KAREL A.S. - Bilgi Teknolojileri Bolumu
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by Karel MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
KAREL A.S. - Information Technologies Department