Subject: compiling withoug glibc

From: "David H. Lynch Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:29:35 -0500

I have several projects that need to be built using GCC but
absolutely no external libraries, headers etc.
    not glibc, not uClibc, nothing.

    I also need to do this under both windows and Linux.

    I have been somewhat successful by renaming directories inside the
crosscompiler subdirectory so that gcc, ... can't find any standard
libraries etc.

    But I can not get this to work uniformly accross platforms, and I
can not trivially reverse it when I do need glibc.

    I have the vaguest clue that doing this has something to do with
triggering gcc to run through different peices of the "specs" file,
    but what I can find of documentation is opaque too me.

    A clue would be greatly appreciated.

-- 
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux
717.627.3770 	       [email-masked] 	  http://www.dlasys.net
fax: 1.253.369.9244 			           Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too numerous to list.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein