Subject: ppc32: problems boot the Linux for SBS/K2 board.

From: "signal@embedworld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:25:36 +0800

Hi, 
 We had a SBS/K2 board,which had an IBM PowerPC 750 processor with cPCI 
interface. The old kernel on the boards worked quite well with Vxworks BSP 
and Linux 2.4.2 kernel. But it failed to boot with the new kernel version 
2.6.8(I had tested other versions too). Here is the message I got from the 
HyperTerminal.
 -------------------------------------------------------------
Attaching to ATA disk device... done.
Loading /ata0/tftpboot/zImage.elf...1425876
Starting at 0x800000...

id mach(): done
 
MMU:enter

MMU:hw init

hash:enter

hash:find piece

hash:patch

hash:done

MMU:mapin

MMU:setio

MMU:exit

setup_arch: enter

setup_arch: bootmem

arch: exit

-----------------------------------

What's the problems of these failure?

Does anybody here had succeeded booting the 2.6 kernel for SBS/K2 boards?
 Thanks in advanced!
  Jianjie Ma
 2005.6.27