Subject: Re: [PATCH dtc] Implement the -R option and add a -S option.

From: Jerry Van Baren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:17:07 -0400

Jon Loeliger wrote:
> So, like, the other day Jerry Van Baren mumbled:
>> Implement the -R <number> option to add memory reserve slots.
>> Add a -S <size> option makes the blob at least this number of bytes.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Gerald Van Baren <[email-masked]>
> 
> Applied.
> 
> Thanks,
> jdl

Thanks, Jon.  That makes the new u-boot "fdt" command tremendously 
easier to use because you can now allocate extra space in the blob at 
compile time rather than having to reallocate space using the u-boot 
"fdt" command.

Note to u-boot "fdt" command users:
* Pull the latest dtc source from Jon's repo
     <http://www.jdl.com/git_repos/>
* When you compile your dts, use the new -S parameter to create some
     extra space (e.g. -S 0x2000).  If you don't want to guess how big
     your current blob is, run a test compile with -S 1 - you will get
     a warning (don't use -q ;-) that will tell you how big your
     blob is.  Re-run with a reasonable -S.
* The -R to make extra mem reserve slots may be useful too.
* Make sure you *don't* specify version 16 (some legacy recipes do
     that).  The latest version is 17 and dtc now Does The Right Thing
     without needing the version specified.  Do *not* use -V.

Best regards,
gvb