Subject: Re: [PATCH dtc] Implement the -R option and add a -S option.

From: Jerry Van Baren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:10:40 -0400

Scott Wood wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 10:04:33PM -0400, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
>> Implement the -R <number> option to add memory reserve slots.
>> Add a -S <size> option makes the blob at least this number of bytes.
> 
> Wouldn't it be better to just specify the amount of extra space, instead
> of the minimum total space?  That way, you only need to know what you
> intend to add, not how much is already there.
> 
> -Scott

I thought briefly about this, but decided to implement a fixed size so 
that someone could allocate, say, 8K of memory in their memory map 
(likely flash) and know their blob would fit.

Maybe we need a little -s option to say "add -s bytes".

Jon suggested a --stats option to print out the important statistics. 
That would also be a good enhancement.

gvb