Subject: Re: mpc5200 and spi bus

From: Txema Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:41:44 +0200

Asier Llano Palacios wrote:

>I'm working with the a linux 2.6.20.9 with patches from Sylvain's tree.
>I've been looking the Den'x 2.5.xx SPI support and it seems that it is
>done through GPIOs. 
>
¿2.5.xx?. I talked about a 2.4.xx version.

>I'd like a native SPI implementation, using the
>hardware of the MPC5200, because of the performance issue of using a
>GPIO, because I'd like to use it at full speed.
>
>Is it done really with GPIOs? If so, is there any other implementation?
>  
>
Yes, you can use the MPC5200's dedicated SPI (spi-algo-mpc5xxx.c) or use 
a PSC in SPI codec mode (spi-algo-mpc5xxx-psc.c).

>If it is possible I'd like it to be for 2.6.x.
>  
>
I don't know nothing about the MPC5200 SPI implementation in the 2.6.x 
kernel.

Best regards,