Subject: Re: Anyone using mpc832x_mds & freescale's GIT repo?

From: Alex Zeffertt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 15:05:44 +0100

Kim Phillips wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 10:34:09 +0100
> Alex Zeffertt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> mention above.  Do you know which *linux* repository is the most
>> current for the MPC8323E-MDS-PB board?
> 
> yes, linux..normally I'd say paulus' powerpc.git tree on kernel.org, but
> today, 832x-MDS is broken there.  You might want to checkout the v2.6.21
> tag until the pending patches (to support the ucc phylib) are applied and
> merged.
> 

Thanks again for your reply.  I know this is going to sound like I'm repeating
myself, but I want to be sure....

Would you recommend using powerpc.git v2.6.21 in preference to the 2.6.11
kernel that comes with the latest Freescale BSP (MPC832xE_MDS_K26_20070130-LTIB.iso)?

TIA,

Alex