Subject: 2.6.21-git5 -- powerpc link failure

From: Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:49:39 +0100

Since 2.6.21-git5 we've been getting the following link failure on powerpc:

  CC      drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_core.o
  CC      drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_sysfs.o
drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_sysfs.c:132: error: unknown field
‘subsys’ specified in initializer
drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_sysfs.c:132: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
make[3]: *** [drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_sysfs.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/pci/hotplug] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/pci] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

I would think this is caused by the changes in the commit below:

commit 823bccfc4002296ba88c3ad0f049e1abd8108d30
Author: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Apr 13 13:15:19 2007 -0700

    remove "struct subsystem" as it is no longer needed

-apw