Subject: Re: [DTC PATCH] Remove overreaching semantic tests.

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:51:51 -0500

David Gibson wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:55:54PM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
>>I wouldn't be opposed to keeping these tests around if there were a
>>command line option that cleanly separates the errors/warnings into
>>classes such as structural, semantic-missing, semantic-broken, etc.
> 
> Exactly - which is why I really don't want to simply tear out this
> checking code.  I've never gotten around to reworking the
> error/warning system so it can sensibly divide things into such
> classes, and keep detecting further warnings after picking up some
> non-fatal ones and so forth.
> 
> I'd much prefer you just disable these tests for now, either by
> commenting code out, or removing calls to checking functions.  That
> will make it easier to optionally reinstate later.

Well, I figured the code would still be there in git, so getting it back 
wouldn't be too hard.  I can submit a patch that hides it behind a 
--warn-missing (or whatever) option, though.

-Scott