Subject: 440 ebony patch seems to have broken 85xx build on powerpc.git

From: Dave Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:13:10 -0700

Has anyone been able to build mpc85xx_* from the latest powerpc.git? I have
tried mpc85xx_cds and mpc8560_ads. I pulled a new git tree and attempted to
build and hit the error message below.

Also, if I comment out the two lines in arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile that was
introduced by the 440 Ebony support patch everything is fine.

$(obj)/44x.o: BOOTCFLAGS += -Wa,-mbooke
$(obj)/ebony.o: BOOTCFLAGS += -Wa,-mbooke

make -f
/home/djiang/community/git-repos/tmp/ppc-master/scripts/Makefile.modpost vmlinux
  scripts/mod/modpost   -o
/home/djiang/community/git-repos/tmp/ppc-master/Module.symvers
arch/powerpc/kernel/head_fsl_booke.o  init/built-in.o  usr/built-in.o
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o  arch/powerpc/mm/built-in.o
arch/powerpc/lib/built-in.o  arch/powerpc/sysdev/built-in.o
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o  arch/powerpc/math-emu/built-in.o
kernel/built-in.o  mm/built-in.o  fs/built-in.o  ipc/built-in.o
security/built-in.o  crypto/built-in.o  block/built-in.o  lib/lib.a
lib/built-in.o  drivers/built-in.o  sound/built-in.o  net/built-in.o
WARNING: arch/powerpc/mm/built-in.o(.text+0x10bc): Section mismatch: reference
to .init.text:early_get_page (between 'pte_alloc_one_kernel' and 'steal_context')
rm -f .old_version
make ARCH=ppc64 -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=arch/powerpc/boot
arch/powerpc/boot/uImage
  /opt/montavista/cge/devkit/ppc/85xx/bin/ppc_85xx-gcc -m32
-Wp,-MD,arch/powerpc/boot/.ebony.o.d -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
-fomit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin -nostdinc -isystem
/opt/montavista/cge/devkit/ppc/85xx/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-montavista-linux-gnuspe/4.2.0/include
-fPIC -fno-stack-protector -Iarch/powerpc/boot
-I/home/djiang/community/git-repos/tmp/ppc-master/arch/powerpc/boot -Wa,-mbooke
-c -o arch/powerpc/boot/ebony.o arch/powerpc/boot/ebony.c
/home/djiang/tmp/cc2UVyci.s: Assembler messages:
/home/djiang/tmp/cc2UVyci.s:142: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `isel'
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/ebony.o] Error 1

-- 

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Jiang
Software Engineer
MontaVista Software, Inc.
http://www.mvista.com
------------------------------------------------------