Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] powerpc: MPC7450 L2 HW cache flush feature utilization

From: "Vladislav D. Buzov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:33:54 +0400

Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> Hrm. I don't think that cache invalidation should be skipped. It is 
>> done after _set_L2CR() explicitly disabled the cache, in part of 
>> cache enabling procedure. Note that cache is flushed only if 
>> _set_L2CR() is called for already enabled cache. So, to skip cache 
>> invalidation there is a need to somehow track whether the cache has 
>> been flushed/invalidated before disabling or not. Since the manual 
>> invalidation does not break anything I think it is better to leave it 
>> as is rather than overload a _set_L2CR() logic.
>
> Yeah just leave it, it definitely is the safer thing to do.
> Do fix the comment though ;-)
Once somebody tests the patch on other 7450 processors I'll remove the 
comment and send a new patch. Is it ok? Or I should create a new patch 
first?

Vlad.
> Segher