Subject: Regarding MPC8540 IRQ Issue

From: sudheer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:57:36 +0530

Hello All

I am working on MPC8540 board placing it in the PCI slot of the x86 system.
After system bootup , i could see the powerpc board detected and pci 
config space configured.
But i could not find any IRQ assigned for it.

SetUp:
Host: x86 System- Linux-2.6.9
HOST PCI Slot is 64-bit, 66MHz
Agent: MPC8540 Board.

Here is dump of "lspci -vx " for this device.

04:03.0 Power PC: Motorola MPC8540 (rev 20) (prog-if 01)
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 64
        Memory at dee00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Capabilities: [60] #00 [0000]
00: 57 10 08 00 46 01 b0 00 20 01 20 0b 00 40 00 00
10: 00 00 e0 de 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30: 00 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

 From the above dump - IRQ Pin & Line of config space shows zeroes.

I tried writing a small module and probing for IRQ generating a message 
interrupt. Though i could see in the 8540 message status register that 
interrupt is generated, i could not get any IRQ when i do the probe. For 
this trial,  i have configured the PIC message enable register, message 
vector/priority and destination registers, processor current task 
priority register (CPTR).

Can anyone give me some suggestions to try out.

Thanks
Sudheer