Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [ide] mmio ide support

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 20:51:56 +0400

Arnd Bergmann wrote:

>>This adds support for MMIO IDE device like CompactFlash 
>>in TrueIDE mode.

>>Signed-off-by: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]> 
>>Signed-off-by: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>

> Hmm, are we still adding new IDE drivers? Do you also have a

    Yes, why not?

> driver for the new libata layer?

    No (sorry for replying for Vitaly but I know the situation).

> I think it would even be simpler to do.

    Wel have no interest in it right now.

> You could also make it an of_platform_driver at the same time
> instead of adding more cruft to fsl_soc.c. Since we're already

    That's a fair point (and fsl_soc.c doesn't seem proper place anyway).

> about to add the electra_ide.c driver in 2.6.23, I guess there
> should really be _one_ driver that is able to handle all
> of_device based ATA hosts.

    One driver to rule them all. :-)
    That may be not so simple as it seems...

MBR, Sergei