Subject: Re: Tickless Hz/hrtimers/etc. on PowerPC

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:15:16 +0100

Okay.

What I didn't want to do is spend a day sifting some other development
tree picking out what I think might be possibly sort of the right patches
for it.

I'd get it wrong because having not worked on it, I don't know what I am
even looking for.

And I don't want to run -rt or wireless-dev for the benefit of a single
feature. What I am after is something like Ingo Molnar throws out..
single patches done the old way, not git trees. It's so much easier to
handle and integrate for example into a Gentoo ebuild or to make a
tarball of accumulated patches from a certain release kernel.

-- 
Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations

Michael Neuling wrote:
>> Does anyone have the definitive patchset to enable the tickless hz,
>> some kind of hrtimer and the other related improvements in the PowerPC
>> tree?
> 
> Tony Breeds has been looking at this.  I think he wanted to clean his
> patch set up before he posted it.
> 
> Mikey