Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.21-rt2] PowerPC: revert fix for threaded fasteoi IRQ handlers

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:47:36 +0400

Hello, I wrote:

> Revert the change to the "fasteoi" type chips as after handle_fasteoi_irq() had
> been fixed, they've become meaningless (and even dangerous -- as was the case
> with Celleb that has been fixed earlier)...

> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

> ---
> The patch in question wasn't even initially accepted but then was erroneously
> restored along with the TOD patch.  I've asked to revert it but to no avail,
> so here's the formal patch to revert it at last...

    Now that the -rt patch has been first release in the broken-out version, 
let me tell you that the following 3 patches in the series can be just 
annihilated:

preempt-irqs-ppc-ack-irq-fixups.patch
preempt-irqs-ppc-fix-b5.patch
preempt-irqs-ppc-fix-more-fasteoi.patch

as all that the latter two are doing is undoing the former one.

WBR, Sergei