Subject: Re: MPC5200 and Bestcomm

From: Bartlomiej Sieka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:15:13 +0200

Grant Likely wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Jon Smirl <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> We're starting a new MPC5200 project and I'm trying to track down 
>> the best kernel to start from. Is Sylvain's tree at 
>> http://www.246tnt.com/mpc52xx/ a good place to start? The git URLs
>>  from the web page don't work. Everything 5200 related in the trees
>>  at Secret Labs already appears to be merged.
>> 
>> Most of this work also appears to be in the Open Embedded tree's 
>> Ekifa support. Is that a better place to start?
> 
> It might be.  The major problem with MPC5200 is the Ethernet driver.
>  I believe both Domen and Sylvain have been working on drivers 
> suitable for arch/powerpc inclusion.

We have integrated FEC code floating around into DENX Linux 2.6 tree,
and have it working on several boards in the arch/powerpc context.

It might be worthwhile to check out
git://www.denx.de/git/linux-2.6-denx.git#linux-2.6-denx

HTH,
Bartlomiej