Subject: Re: Patches for ppc?

From: Johan Borkhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:43:27 +0200

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 16:36 +0200, Johan Borkhuis wrote:
>   
>> Well, this is one of the minor issues I have with the ppc architecture, 
>> but I am quite happy with it. Even for this I could make a workaround, 
>> but I guess this is something that other might stumble upon.
>>
>> I would like to move to powerpc, but for the moment there is no official 
>> support for powerpc, for ppc there is, but I don't have the time to move 
>> this to powerpc. So I am afraid I don't have much choice. 
>>     
>
> It's times like this you suddenly realise you should have paid the extra
> cash for a licence which allows you access to the source code?
>
>   
That is not the problem: we have access to all the sources, but I am 
waiting for the official support for the powerpc architecure. I am using 
an MVME3100 board from Motorola and I know that they are working on it, 
but it is not released (yet).

Kind regards,
    Johan Borkhuis