Subject: Re: [PATCH 05/20] bootwrapper: flatdevtree fixes

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:09:58 -0500

David Gibson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 12:39:49PM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> 
>>1. ft_create_node was returning the internal pointer rather than a phandle.
>>2. ft_find_device_rel was treating a "top" phandle of NULL as an error,
>>rather than as the root of the tree.
>>3. Return the node's name when getprop() is called with the "name"
>>property.
> 
> 
> Hrm.  I'm not convinced.  (1) certainly needs fixing.  (2) is kind of
> unclear - there is an ft_find_device() after all for doing root-based
> searches.

The point of #2 was as part of the fix to #1 -- otherwise, the same 
check for NULL would have to be moved into ft_create_node to 
conditionally call ft_find_device or ft_find_device_rel.

The non-relative function should probably be removed, though.

>  (3) I really dislike;  I just don't see the point.

It's needed by dt_get_path().

-Scott