Subject: Re: [NEWBIE] Interrupt-problem mpc5200

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:04:26 +0100

Grant Likely wrote:
> 
> No, they are explicitly numbered.  Are you looking at the 5200 or the
> 5200B user manual?

MPC5200B User's Manual, Rev. 1.3 (MPC5200BUM.pdf)

>  In my copy, on page 7-17, I see this:

Ah! 7-20 here. Do we have different revisions of the manual, perhaps? :)

   PSa0 in
> peripheral interrupt 0 (l2=0), PSa23 is peripheral interrupt #23
> (l2=23)
> 
>        Bits        Name
>          8       PSa23  BestCom

So, the numbering of the interrupts is not derived from anything but
the "Name" field in those tables? 0 1 3 would be Slice Timer 0, 1 0 3
would be Slice Timer 1 (main, interrupt 0, we always use 3 on Efika
for some reason) and 1 9 3 would be TMR0? PCI control and initiator
interrupts would be 2 (8,9,10) 3?

Well, this certainly makes a lot more sense, at least in terms of
deriving the numbers, however it looks like it's a fairly nonsensical
numbering system to be fair.

-- 
Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations