Subject: Re: jffs2 file system on MPC8272ADS

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:19:10 -0500

Nethra wrote:
>>> They are errors.
> 
> which are all the most possible reasons for these errors ?

Most common is making a jffs2 filesystem with the wrong block size.  It 
could also be an incorrect flash mapping.

>>> Was it the physmap driver or the pq2fads driver that found the flash?
>        
>              Flash is cfi compatible.

That's not what I meant...  you have two mapping drivers enabled, and 
the pq2fads driver might be doing something other that what you 
specified to physmap.  I'd just disable it.

>>> Which kernel are you using, and are you using arch/ppc or arch/powerpc?
>>> -Scott
>           
>            KERNEL: linux-2.6.10 and we r using arc/ppc 	

That's pretty old...  If all else fails, you may want to see if never 
kernels still have the problem.

-Scott