Subject: Re: Build failure on treeboot-walnut.c

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:54:44 -0500

Kumar Gala wrote:

> $ make V=1

make ARCH=ppc64 -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=arch/powerpc/boot 
arch/powerpc/boot/uImage powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 
-Wp,-MD,arch/powerpc/boot/.treeboot-walnut.o.d -Wall -Wundef 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -Os -msoft-float -pipe 
-fomit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin -fPIC -nostdinc -isystem 
/_TOOLS_/.dist0/gnu-gcc-4.0.2-binutils-2.16.1-glibc-2.3.6-e300c2-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/i686-pc-linux2.4/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/4.0.2/include 
-Iarch/powerpc/boot -I/temp/kumar.484/arch/powerpc/boot -mcpu=405 -c -o 
arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-walnut.o arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-walnut.c
Assembler messages:
Error: Internal assembler error for instruction icbt
Internal error, aborting at 
/tmp/crosstool/crosstool-0.42/build/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.0.2_e300-enabled-glibc-2.3.6/binutils-2.16.1-complete/gas/config/tc-ppc.c 
line 1314 in ppc_setup_opcodes
Please report this bug.
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/treeboot-walnut.o] Error 2
make: *** [uImage] Error 2

ARCH=ppc64?  WTF?  I specifically said ARCH=powerpc on the make command line.

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale