Subject: Re: mpc 860 boot linux2.6.23 problem

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:18:23 -0500

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
>> keng_629 wrote:
>>>  
>>> i am proting linux2.63.23 to mpc860t board with uboot1.1.4 as bootloader.
>>> my bootargs is root=/dev/ram rw init=/linuxrc.
>>> i use debugger to see the regedits, find pc is run in the cpu_idle().
>>> what is wrong with my kernel, plese give me some advice.thank you .
>> Posting the same thing over and over again isn't going to change the 
>> response.  Try head-of-Linus's-git, make sure you're using arch/powerpc, 
>> and post the device tree you're using.  Without more information, we 
>> can't help you.
> 
> Just to point out the obvious: U-Boot 1.1.4 is *way* too old to
> support any device-tree based kernel, so the fist step is to update
> U-Boot to a somewhat recent version (i. e. 1.3.0-rcX).

Upgrading to the latest u-boot certainly shouldn't hurt, but I don't 
think there's any device tree support for 8xx yet, so for now he should 
boot with cuImage.

-Scott