Subject: Re: boot/wrap assumes a biarch toolchain?

From: Jan Dittmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:30:10 +0100

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Jan Dittmer <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Same error, you write above that a newer compiler version should
>> not need -m32 or --with-cpu=default32 any more?
> 
> ??? Where did I say that?

Your mail from 2007-10-29 4:39 pm (CET)

 >> Your compiler still needs -m32 to generate 32-bit code (or use
 >> --with-cpu=default32 to make that the default).

See the 'still' ? I just assumed that it must have been changed
in newer versions.

But to sum up. I've to compile with '--with-cpu=default32' and all
should be fine? Because I have no idea how to pass the -m32 flag
just to the 32-bit code generation. Passing it via CFLAGS obviously
does not work as it also passes it to the 64 bit code generation.

Jan