Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Create "rom" (MTD) device prpmc2800

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:22:09 +0200

>>> I agree.  Of course, this means figuring out what the values actually
>>> are for Ebony.  I presently have no idea, since the heuristic probing
>>> appears to work without problem.
>>
>> Doesn't it show it in sysfs, or in the dmesg at least?
>> Maybe some other important stuff is there, too.
>
> Not as far as I can tell.  Only dmesg information I can see is:
>
> 1ff800000.large-fla: Found 1 x8 devices at 0x0 in 8-bit bank
> 1ff800000.large-fla: Found 1 x8 devices at 0x200000 in 8-bit bank
> number of JEDEC chips: 2
> cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling erase-suspend-program due to code
> brokenness.

Hrm, nothing in sysfs either?

Anyway, from jedec_probe.c:

                 cfi->mfr = jedec_read_mfr(map, base, cfi);
                 cfi->id = jedec_read_id(map, base, cfi);
                 DEBUG(MTD_DEBUG_LEVEL3,
                       "Search for id:(%02x %02x) interleave(%d) 
type(%d)\n",
                         cfi->mfr, cfi->id, cfi_interleave(cfi), 
cfi->device_type);

so you'll could enable some more debugging output.

Or, open the case, look at the chips, and look it up
in the big table at the start of that file (or the
relevant datasheet).

Segher