Subject: Re: Maximum ioremap size for ppc arch?

From: David Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:51:35 -0800

Hi Matt,

> Yes, same thing. There's N ways to fix it. But I see you're talking
> x86.
> 
>> PS. The CPUs in this case are x86 based, while the PCI boards use
>> PLX-9054 bridges. I'm building new peripheral boards with MPC8349EAs
>> so this problem is going to rear its ugly head again soon, when
>> I work on the drivers for the new peripheral boards.
> 
> You should be able to do something similar on x86 but the details
> are TBD. I would probably try to limit low memory to 512MB in the
> x86 case.

Yeah, that works for me. The CPUs were ordered with 512MB,
but arrived with 1GB. It was thought a windfall at the time ...
but not-so after the driver weirdness :)

Thanks for the info. Now at least if I want to understand the
problem, I know where to look.

Cheers,
Dave