Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fake NUMA emulation for PowerPC

From: Balbir Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 10:02:46 +0530

David Rientjes wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Balbir Singh wrote:
> 
>> Yes, they all appear on node 0. We could have tweaks to distribute CPU's
>> as well.
>>
> 
> You're going to want to distribute the cpu's based on how they match up 
> physically with the actual platform that you're running on.  x86_64 does 

Could you explain this better, how does it match up CPU's with fake NUMA
memory? Is there some smartness there? I'll try and look at the code and
also see what I can do for PowerPC

> this already and it makes fake NUMA more useful because it matches the 
> real-life case more often.

Yes, I agree, but I don't want that to be the first step for fake NUMA
nodes on PowerPC. I think we can incrementally add features.

-- 
	Warm Regards,
	Balbir Singh
	Linux Technology Center
	IBM, ISTL