Subject: Re: [MPC5200] problem running FEC and ATA

From: Arnon Kaufman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:28:40 +0200

Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 03:24:34PM +0200, Arnon Kaufman wrote:
>> does any one succeed running a functional FEC and ATA (pata) running
>> together?
> 
> Yes, we do, on the phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny; you can check our patches here:
> http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/phytec/download/phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny/
>

thanks, my kernels are already patched and still observing that kind of 
behavior. I'm using Domen's new FEC code and ATA from 2.6.24-rc2.

playing with the XLB Master's enable and priority lead to significant 
changes (good ones) in the rate of corruption appearance. I'm afraid of 
the "new" priority I've set, as that may lead to lockups on the XLB, 
still investigating.

> We've recently made the -6 release which supports ATA; although I'm not
> sure if the tests were done with networking & ATA at the same time I
> assume yes (at least while doing nfsroot). We'll re-check your scenario.
> 
> Note that there has been quite some activity wrt. MPC5200, bestcom and
> fec in the mainline recently. You should test the latest 2.6.24-rc
> kernel.
> 
> Robert