Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] Warp Base Platform

From: Sean MacLennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:52:16 -0500

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:39:15 -0500 Sean MacLennan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   
>> +++ arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/warp-nand.c	2008-01-11 18:04:10.000000000 -0500
>> @@ -0,0 +1,85 @@
>>     
>
> You need a copyright/license notice.
>
> The only other concern I have left is the extern in the C file, but that
> can be dealt with later.
>
>   
Oops, meant to reply to everybody. Thanks for the copyright catch. Do I 
need the GPL blurb, or is just a copyright ok? I notice Linux does not 
seem to put the GPL blurb. For example sched.c.

And I also don't like the extern, but I don't see a good solution right now.

And while I have everybody's attention... The FPGA contains a simple 
watchdog timer. Would it be ok to put that in the platform/44x/warp.c 
file? It is a bit too specific to the taco to ever be accepted in the 
drivers/watchdog. Or I could do a warp-watchdog.c .

Cheers,
   Sean