Subject: Re: Patches for Peak CAN driver for MPC5200B?

From: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:50:07 +0100

Hi Mattias,

Mattias Boström wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> We are using peak-linux-driver-3.17 with patches from DENX (mpc5200)
> and Freescale (mpc5200-platform_driver) on a MPC5200B. We have
> problems with rmmod, resulting in kernel panic. We also have a problem
> with not detecting BusOff. Does anyone know of additional patches that
> solve these problems?
> If we solve it ourselfs, would this be a good place to post patches?

This driver is not maintained any more. Are you aware of the Socket-CAN
project at BerliOS:

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/socketcan/
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/socketcan/trunk/README?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

It also supports the MSCAN driver and the CAN core will be merged into
2.6.25:

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/socketcan-core/2007-November/000795.html

Nevertheless, if you report me your problems, I might be able to help
you. And patches are always welcome.

Wolfgang.