Subject: Re: x86/non-x86: percpu, node ids, apic ids x86.git fixup

From: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:18:42 -0800

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Luck, Tony <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> > Could you check the patch below? With this applied to latest -git, 
>> > ia64 buils fine for me in a cross-compiling environment. (but i dont 
>> > know whether it boots ...)
>> 
>> Uni-processor build still fails with this patch (config is 
>> arch/ia64/configs/tiger_defconfig with CONFIG_SMP switched from =y to 
>> =n).
> 
> could you try the full patchset that Travis has just sent and which i've 
> put into x86.git, you can pull it from:
> 
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-x86.git
> 
> it's a fixes only tree, ontop of Linus-very-latest. Head 4b9e425c25f84. 
> [pull from ssh://master.kernel.org if it's not on git.kernel.org yet, 
> uploaded it this very minute.]

Just FYI, the following diff from the above tree applied to linux-2.6.git
works with ps3_defconfig on the PS3 (powerpc):

  git diff dd430ca20c40ecccd6954a7efd13d4398f507728..3823daf866c272c670dda7dc6179a647da64467f

-Geoff