Subject: compilation errors...sorry, sigh...

From: "Lorenzo T. Flores" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:01:01 -0800

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what to do next as 
far as some compilation errors are concerned.

I'm working with an Avnet 4vfx12ls eval board (has virtex-4 and PPC).

Now, I've generated BSP files using Xilinx XPS, and from past posts on 
this forum found the Secret Lab's virtex 2.6 git tree (not sure if I'm 
using proper terminology, feel free to correct me, please!)

Well, I copied in the BSP files into the distribution. Ran 'make 
menuconfig' then 'make bzImage'

Here's the errors I get:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
 GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
dnsdomainname: Unknown host
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
kernel/built-in.o: In function `enable_all_kprobes':
kernel/kprobes.c:926: undefined reference to `arch_arm_kprobe'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `disable_all_kprobes':
kernel/kprobes.c:957: undefined reference to `arch_disarm_kprobe'
kernel/kprobes.c:956: undefined reference to `arch_trampoline_kprobe'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `init_kprobes':
kernel/kprobes.c:823: undefined reference to `arch_init_kprobes'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `report_probe':
kernel/kprobes.c:838: undefined reference to `setjmp_pre_handler'
kernel/kprobes.c:838: undefined reference to `setjmp_pre_handler'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `unregister_kprobe':
kernel/kprobes.c:610: undefined reference to `arch_disarm_kprobe'
kernel/kprobes.c:632: undefined reference to `arch_remove_kprobe'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `pre_handler_kretprobe':
kernel/kprobes.c:702: undefined reference to `arch_prepare_kretprobe'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `in_kprobes_functions':
kernel/kprobes.c:495: undefined reference to `__kprobes_text_start'
kernel/kprobes.c:495: undefined reference to `__kprobes_text_start'
kernel/kprobes.c:495: undefined reference to `__kprobes_text_end'
kernel/kprobes.c:495: undefined reference to `__kprobes_text_end'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `__register_kprobe':
kernel/kprobes.c:556: undefined reference to `arch_prepare_kprobe'
kernel/kprobes.c:565: undefined reference to `arch_arm_kprobe'
kernel/built-in.o: In function `register_jprobe':
kernel/kprobes.c:669: undefined reference to `setjmp_pre_handler'
kernel/kprobes.c:669: undefined reference to `setjmp_pre_handler'
kernel/kprobes.c:670: undefined reference to `longjmp_break_handler'
kernel/kprobes.c:670: undefined reference to `longjmp_break_handler'
kernel/built-in.o:(__ksymtab_gpl+0x398): undefined reference to 
`jprobe_return'
kernel/built-in.o:(.data+0x4a84): undefined reference to 
`kprobe_exceptions_notify'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using ELDK's ppc_4xx toolchain.

Any info or links to relevant posts would be so much appreciated. I 
looked through the archives and know my answers are probably in there 
somewhere...I'm just not sure if I could distill the proper information.

Thank you all for any input!

best,
Lorenzo Flores

-- 
Embedded Systems Engineer
Alpha Golf
(510) 526-7443, ext. 07
65 Franciscan Way
Kensington, CA 94707