Subject: Re: External Interrupt

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:29:08 +0300

Hello.

Marco Stornelli wrote:

> I used the linux kernel 2.6.10 with a processor MPC8548E. I wrote a
> driver for a device connected with the local bus. This device has an
> external interrupt. In the local bus driver I have used the macro
> MPC85xx_IRQ_EXT<X> to get the interrupt number and pass it to the
> driver and after that register the ISR. Now with a kernel 2.6.21 this
> macro isn't available because in the header file irq.h there is the
> option CONFIG_PPC_MERGE that disable those options. I think this
> problem is related to the migration of ppc code towards powerpc. I
> know that now there is the new device tree source file where I can add
> a device and its interrupt number  but I think in this file I should
> describe only the platform device, and this device is not a platform
> device.

    How comes that it's not platform device if it hangs off the local bus?

> Then, how can I get now this  value? Is there some function to
> call? How can I perform this operation?

    Probably irq_alloc_virt()...

WBR, Sergei