Subject: Re: APU FPU in Virtex ppc405

From: "A. Nolson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:08:32 +0100

I have been checking and it seems that the APU FPU patches will give 
some headaches now, so I will probably wait until they merge them with 
the official GCC release. In any case, it seems that the FPU restricts 
the PowerPC and bus frequencies to a max of 200/100.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I will try to keep track of this in case of 
an update.

Grant Likely wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 11:51 AM, A. Nolson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I have just heard that Xilinx has freed the FPU module for the PPC
>> architecture in EDK9.2i. WIll I be able to make it work with my
>> Secretlab Linux 2.6.24rc3? Will the eldk toolchain for PPC_4xxfp work?
>> Will it be just a matter of integrating it with the XPS BSP?I make an
>> extensive use of floating point in my applications and this will be
>> really useful.
>>     
>
> It's been 2 years since I last played with the FPU core.  At the time
> it wasn't a complete FPU so the eldk 4xxfp toolchain would not work.
> I had to build my own.  I don't know if the new core is a complete
> implementation.
>
> Cheers,
> g.
>
>
>