Subject: Re: Could the DTS experts look at this?

From: Sean MacLennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:07:14 -0500

David Gibson wrote:
> But the partitions are all the same size, so in Map 2 there's a great
> big gap between Env and U-boot?  Or there's a great big gap before
> FPGA?
>   
There's a great big gap before the FPGA, 63M worth. Before we got the 
NAND working, we stored the kernel, the ramdisk image, and a persistent 
store there. But we moved everything to the NAND and are now going to a 
much smaller NOR chip.
>   
>> The u-boot, env, and FPGA are anchored at the bottom of the flash. 
>> Kernel is anchored at the top. Everything else goes in the middle.
>>     
>
> Um.. so "bottom" actually means "high addresses" in the above?
>   
Yes. Top = offset 0, bottom = size-of-flash.

And there is a bug in the initial code, I have to update the reg length 
field. I now have a Rev B board in my hands and tested that it works for 
both Rev A and Rev B.

Cheers,
   Sean