Subject: [BUILD_FAILURE] Linux 2.6.25-rc3 - various unexported functions () on powerpc

From: Kamalesh Babulal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:59:08 +0530

Hi,

The 2.6.25-rc3 kernel build fails on powerpc with allyesconfig config option,
the .config has been attached.

ERROR: ".unregister_sound_dsp" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".unregister_sound_mixer" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".register_sound_mixer" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".register_sound_dsp" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".__spin_lock_init" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".mod_firmware_load" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".unregister_sound_dsp" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".unregister_sound_mixer" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".register_sound_mixer" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".register_sound_dsp" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".__spin_lock_init" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".mod_firmware_load" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [sound/oss/msnd_classic.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [sound/oss/msnd.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".list_del" [kernel/rcutorture.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".list_add" [kernel/rcutorture.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".__list_add" [kernel/rcutorture.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_complete_async_scans" [drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [drivers/scsi/qlogicfas408.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_unregister_driver" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_register_driver" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".cs_error" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_scan_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_add_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_host_alloc" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_configuration" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_irq" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_next_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_io" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_parse_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_tuple_data" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_first_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_host_put" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_disable_device" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_remove_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/sym53c500_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_irq" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_host_alloc" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_register_driver" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_next_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".cs_error" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_remove_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_tuple_data" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_add_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_parse_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_io" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_host_put" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_configuration" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_unregister_driver" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_scan_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_disable_device" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_first_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/qlogic_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_irq" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_register_driver" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_next_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".cs_error" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_remove_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_tuple_data" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_add_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_parse_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_io" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_register" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_request_configuration" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_bios_ptable" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_unregister_driver" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_scan_host" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".scsi_unregister" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pcmcia_disable_device" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".pccard_get_first_tuple" [drivers/scsi/pcmcia/fdomain_cs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".__spin_lock_init" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".alloc_hdlcdev" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".hdlc_ioctl" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".hdlc_close" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".hdlc_open" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".unregister_hdlc_device" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ppc_pci_io" [drivers/net/wan/dscc4.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".DIVA_DIDD_Read" [drivers/isdn/hardware/eicon/diva_mnt.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".__spin_lock_init" [drivers/isdn/hardware/eicon/diva_mnt.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".i2c_del_adapter" [drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-stub.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".i2c_add_adapter" [drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-stub.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".crypto_alloc_ablkcipher" [crypto/tcrypt.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".crypto_aead_setauthsize" [crypto/tcrypt.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".crypto_alloc_aead" [crypto/tcrypt.ko] undefined!
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make: *** [modules] Error 2

-- 
Thanks & Regards,
Kamalesh Babulal,
Linux Technology Center,
IBM, ISTL.