Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] hotplug memory remove updates

From: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:19:38 -0800

Hi.

Nathan Lynch wrote:
> Badari Pulavarty wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>> 
>> Here are the hotplug memory remove updates for 2.6.25-rc2-mm1.
> 
> How have these been tested?  Have you initiated a memory remove
> operation from the HMC?  That's the only way to catch some bugs...

I'm wondering how the memory hot un-plug is initiated on the pseries.
Could you tell me about this HMC?  Is it an application running in
the lpar, or is it an external entity?

Is there a 'standard' interface from userspace that can be used to
trigger the hot-unplug sequence?  I'm asking because PS3's lv1
hypervisor supports hot un-plug of memory, but it would need to be
triggered from some kind of management application running in in
userspace.

-Geoff