Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] firewire: fw-ohci: PPC PMac platform code

From: Jarod Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 14:43:15 -0500

Stefan Richter wrote:
> Copied from ohci1394.c.  This code is necessary to prevent machine check
> exceptions when reloading or resuming the driver.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <[email-masked]>

I was able to reproduce the system exception on resume with a 3rd-gen 
Titanium PowerBook G4 667, and this patch does let the system resume 
successfully now.

Not quite clear if there was possibly an updated version coming using 
pci_enable_device() instead of the pair of pmac_call_feature() calls, 
but either way, this is a definite must-have, at least for older ppc 
macs -- my Aluminum PowerBook G4/1.67 suspends and resumes without this 
patch just fine.

Signed-off-by: Jarod Wilson <[email-masked]>

-- 
Jarod Wilson
[email-masked]