Subject: Re: Please pull linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git

From: Bartlomiej Sieka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:29:35 +0100

Grant Likely wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>>  It may be argued that this code should be moved somewhere else, but I
>>  don't remeber to have seen any such review comments.
> 
> The LED code just hasn't been picked up.  IIRC, it was reworked to
> make it a proper driver in drivers/leds. 

Grant,

Yes, the Motion-PRO LED driver has been reworked and posted:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?q=Motion-pro&id=16617

 > I need to look at it again,
> but it is a lot of code for a very simple thing and I wasn't sure if I
> should be the one to pick it up because it is in drivers/leds which
> has a different maintainer.

I'm copying Richard Purdie who's listed as LED SUBSYSTEM maintainer.

Richard -- could pick up the above mentioned Motion-PRO LED driver for
upstream inclusion? It started as a MPC5200-specific thing posted to
linuxppc-dev and got reviewed there, with the intent to go upstream via
Grant (MPC52XX maintainer). However, it seems that it should be merged
through your subsystem.

Thanks,
Bartlomiej