Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/9] powerpc/pseries: Fix bad drc_index_start value parsing of drc-info entry

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 20:08:29 +1100 (AEDT)

On Mon, 2019-11-11 at 05:21:28 UTC, Tyrel Datwyler wrote:
> The ibm,drc-info property is an array property that contains drc-info
> entries such that each entry is made up of 2 string encoded elements
> followed by 5 int encoded elements. The of_read_drc_info_cell()
> helper contains comments that correctly name the expected elements
> and their encoding. However, the usage of of_prop_next_string() and
> of_prop_next_u32() introduced a subtle skippage of the first u32.
> This is a result of of_prop_next_string() returning a pointer to the
> next property value which is not a string, but actually a (__be32 *).
> As, a result the following call to of_prop_next_u32() passes over the
> current int encoded value and actually stores the next one wrongly.
> 
> Simply endian swap the current value in place after reading the first
> two string values. The remaining int encoded values can then be read
> correctly using of_prop_next_u32().
> 
> Signed-off-by: Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]>

Series applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/57409d4fb12c185b2c0689e0496878c8f6bb5b58

cheers