Subject: Re: JFFS2 root-fs

From: Georg Schardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:07:29 +0200

Sugathan, Rupesh schrieb:
>  
> It seems to me, that the kernel does not find ANY file. because the
> /dev/console file is in the image, but the initial console is not found
> too
>
> 1) You should probably unpack and mount the jffs2 image on your host
> directory to ensure that you see all files in place. 
>   
i see all the files with the u-boot jffs2 commands, but will try to 
mount the jffs image on the host
> 2) Check to see if your designated flash partition can hold all of your
> jffs2 image.
>   
yes, its big enough
> Were you able to use the 'same' rootfs in any other way (nfs mount or
> ramdisk) on the target?
>   

i will try this

Thanks
Georg
> Thanks
> --
> Rupesh Sugathan

-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Düren Nr. HR B 3498
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------