Subject: Re: Using FEC on a MPC5200 with default PHY configuration

From: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:06:51 +0200

Grant Likely wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>>  > Hello,
>>  >
>>  > is it possible to use the FEC on a MPC5200 with the default hardware PHY
>>  > configuration. I mean running the link with a default speed without
>>  > handling or even touching the PHY like U-Boot does. I removed the PHY
>>  > entries from the DTS file and disabled CONFIG_FEC_MPC52xx_MDIO but it
>>  > did not work.
>>
>>  To be more precise, I want to support a 3-Port managed switch with PHY
>>  from Micrel using the direct switch link.
> 
> I'm actually working on this exact problem at the moment.  I'll get a
> patch out shortly to do so.

Great, if I can help with testing, please let me know.

Wolfgang.