Subject: Re: [PATCH] Freescale QUICC Engine USB Host Controller

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:33:04 -0500

Anton Vorontsov wrote:

> Yeah, I already posted a patch to deal with it, see
> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2008-March/053249.html
> (btw... Scott, Timur did you have a chance to look into this?)

Seems to be okay.  I presume the code actually works with these changes. :-)

My only concern is that the functions are still called cpm_xxxx even though they
apply to the CPM and the QE.  Sure, the QE is really just CPM3, but I'd like to
see a nomenclature that's more inclusive.

We should also be able to get rid of cpm_alloc/free functions anyway, since
they're just front-ends to the rheap code.  But that's a problem for another time.

> Well, there is Linux CLK API (somewhat similar to GPIO API), but PowerPC
> doesn't use it yet.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I'll add it to my to-do list, but I suspect that
someone else will get around to it before I do.

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale