Subject: Re: simpleboot

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:43:59 -0400

Grant Likely wrote:
> make simpleImage.<boardname>
> - or -
> make simpleImage.initrd.<boardname>
>
> The makefile will use arch/powerpc/boot/dts/<boardname>.dts for the device tree.
    Thanks, I suspected most of that. But I have not see simpleboot in
Linus's tree yet,
    so I have to back port the patch from the paulus tree and that makes
it harder to just try it.

    I am correct in assuming that if I have my .config otherwise
properly setup for initramfs that
    it is going to merge the kernel, dts, and initramfs into a single
image ?

    and is initramfs the plain or initrd target the correct one for
initramfs ?

-- 
Dave Lynch                                          Pico Computing, Inc.
Software Development                                      Embedded Linux
717.627.3770      [email-masked]   http://www.picocomputing.com
fax: 1.253.369.9244                                 Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Tiny Mighty Machines