Subject: Re: simpleboot

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:50:26 -0400

Grant Likely wrote:
> Its whatever kind of image you pass it.
>
>   
The simpleboot stuff must have hit Linux's tree today.
I synced with it.
created an arch/powerpc/boot/dts/pico_e1x.dts that is probably fouled up
- but that is a problem for later.

did:
make -f Makefile ARCH=powerpc   CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-uclibc-
simpleImage.pico_e1x

had to deal with a few different config options and then got:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.pico'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `simpleImage.pico_e1x'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.pico'
make: *** [release] Error 2

So how does the top level Makefile know about  the simpeImage.% target
in  arch/powerpc/boot ?

-- 
Dave Lynch                                          Pico Computing, Inc.
Software Development                                      Embedded Linux
717.627.3770      [email-masked]   http://www.picocomputing.com
fax: 1.253.369.9244                                 Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Tiny Mighty Machines