Subject: ARCH=ppc strncmp undefined

From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:26:20 -0400

After pulling and rebasing to 2.6.25, I get  strncmp is undefined 
when  I try to link the kernel.

   I have not chased this down as  just added strncmp into
arch/ppc/lib/string.S

    But I would guess this is a side effect of changes to accomidate
migration to ARCH=powerpc.
    There appear to be a number of remaining arch/ppc BSP's that need
strncmp and therefore
    will not build in 2.6.25.

-- 
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux
717.627.3770 	       [email-masked] 	  http://www.dlasys.net
fax: 1.253.369.9244 			           Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too numerous to list.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein