Subject: error building 2.6.25 for G5

From: "Chris Friesen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 15:08:47 -0600

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when building 2.6.25.  Has anyone else 
seen anything like this?  This is using gcc 3.4.3.

   CALL 
/home/cfriesen/kernels/2.6.25/linux-2.6.25/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
   CHK     include/linux/compile.h
   CALL 
/home/cfriesen/kernels/2.6.25/linux-2.6.25/arch/powerpc/kernel/systbl_chk.sh
   AS      arch/powerpc/kernel/systbl.o
   OBJCOPY arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.so
BFD: arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.so: The first section in the 
PT_DYNAMIC segment is not the .dynamic section
/home/cfriesen/bin/ppc64-R9a/bin/ppc64-R9a-objcopy: 
arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.so: Bad value
BFD: arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.so: The first section in the 
PT_DYNAMIC segment is not the .dynamic section
/home/cfriesen/bin/ppc64-R9a/bin/ppc64-R9a-objcopy: 
arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.so: Bad value
make[3]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.so] Error 1
make[2]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64] Error 2
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel] Error 2
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

Chris