Subject: Re: linux BSP

From: Jerry Van Baren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:20:59 -0400

VenkataKrishna wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> 
> I want to ………
> 
> 1. How to develop linux BSP to MPC8260.

The term "BSP" (Board Support Package) is not used much in linux-land. 
By BSP you are probably referring to a boot program (bootrom) and a 
linux configuration (kernel/drivers).

For a bootrom, I recommend u-boot.  There are several 8260 boards in the 
standard u-boot repository that you can start from and customize for 
your board.

If you go this route, you will want to subscribe to the u-boot-users list
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/u-boot-users

For more information, sorted from general to specific:
http://www.denx.de/
http://www.denx.de/en/Software/WebHome
http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/WebHome
http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/Documentation
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

Browse the source:
http://git.denx.de/

> 2. where can I start to develop linux BSP.

Right from the comfort of your own linux computer!  (Developing under 
Windows/cygwin/colinux is possible, but everything is between five times 
more difficult and infinitely more difficult.  NOT recommended!)

> 3. what are tools available in market to develop linux BSP.

I would recommend downloading and installing ELDK from Denx.  It is a 
reliable and painless cross compiler (THANKS, Wolfgang & Co.!)
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/ppc-linux-x86/
in particular:
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/ppc-linux-x86/iso/ppc-2008-04-01_freescale.iso

> Thanks Regards
> Venkatakrishna Pari

You are welcome.
gvb